Manila Central University
Established in 1904, Manila Central University is a private higher education institution located in the urban setting of the large city of Caloocan City (population range of 1,000,000-5,000,000 inhabitants), National Capital Region. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Commission on Higher Education, Philippines, Manila Central University (MCU) is a small (uniRank enrollment range: 4,000-4,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. Manila Central University (MCU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. This 114 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations.
MCU has a rich history and tract record of excellence and service with thousands of graduates In the medical profession, academe and public service.For over 65 years, expert medical practitioners, educators and complete training facilities provide students with the necessary attitude, knowledge and skills. Complete skill laboratories, audio visual equipment and air-conditioned classrooms provide students with a learning environment at par with the best medical Schools. The MCU Hospital makes available to students practical education with its fully equipped and accredited training programmes.
MCU is located north of Metro Manila in the Philippines in a sprawling 10 hectare health services and educational complex. An abundance of plants and trees provide a serene and refreshing setting in the bustling business and commercial area of Caloocan City.
- The following programme help students attain their full potential:
- Student-Shepherd monitoring system
- Integrated board review program•
- Accredited student organizations for holistic development.
- MCU Medical Alumni and Foundation Association in America Scholarship•
- Tanchoco Memorial Scholarship
- Professional and experienced educators
- Specialist in respective field•
- Master’s degree holders in professional health education
The modified innovative Curriculum (MIC) merges the strengths of traditional and problem based learning (PBL). MIC is a subject and competency-based, simple to complex, horizontally integrated, student participative and community-oriented programme. Among the curriculum features are
- Utilizes various teaching leaning strategies
- Emphasizes Humanities and Bioethics
- Guidance and coaching on the conduct of research•
- Renders well balanced exposure, training and experience during Junior Internship•
- Assesses students on the three domains of learning, which are cognitive,
- psychomotor and attitudes.